2 MetroTech Center, 10th Floor
Ecole des Mines de Paris, France, Class of 1993
Doctor of Philosophy, Automatic Control and Mathematics
University of Paris XI, Class of 1989
Master of Science, Statistics
University of Wuhan, Class of 1988
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics
Feedback Control (EE3064) Applied Matrix Theory (EL5253) System Theory and Feedback Control (EL6243) System Optimization Methods (EL6233) Signals, Systems and Transforms (EL6113) Linear systems (EL6253) State-space design for linear control systems (EL7253) Applied Nonlinear Control (EL8283), Adaptive Nonlinear Control (EL929).
- Nonlinear Control Systems; Stability theory
- Control of Underactuated Mechanical Systems and Ships
- Analysis and Control of Communication Systems
- Signal detection and image enhancement
- Physiological control mechanisms.
Awards + Distinctions
- Fellow of the IEEE (2008).
- Changjiang Chair Professorship at Beijing University (2008).
- Best Theoretic Paper Award from the 2008 World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, Chongqin, June 2008.
- Distinguished Overseas Chinese Scholar Award from the NSF of China (2007)
- NSF CAREER Award from the National Science Foundation (2001).
- QEII (Queen Elizabeth II) Research Fellowship Award from the Australian Research Council (ARC, 1998).
- Guest Professor at several leading universities in China, including Nankai University, Xiamen University, Wuhan University.
- Othmer Junior Fellow (2002-2004)
Three NSF grants pending., ()
STTR subcontract through a local private company, ()
POLY and NYU Seed Grant entitled "Solutions to Complex Issues in , ()
POLY and NYU Seed Grant entitled "Physiological Control Mechanism, ()
AFOSR contract through Ball Systems($119K in first year of 2009), ()
General / Collaborative Research
Ongoing collaboration with NYU Courant and Medical School through two POLY and NYU Seed Grants. (NYU)
- Q. Li and Z.P. Jiang , "Global analysis of multi-agent systems based on Vicsek's model" Accepted by IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, April 2009.
- H. Ito and Z. P. Jiang, "Necessary and sufficient small gain conditions for integral input-to-state stable systems: A Lyapunov perspective," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control as a Regular Paper, in press, 2009
- Y. Yang, Z. P. Jiang, B. Xu and D.W. Repperger, "Investigation of 2-D PSR and applications in nonlinear image processing" , J. Physics A: Math. Theor., 42 (2009) 145207 (9pp).
- I. Karafyllis, P. Pepe and Z.P. Jiang, "Global output stability for systems described by retarded functional differential equations: Lyapunov characterizations" European Journal of Control, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 516-536, Nov. 2008
- I. Karafyllis, P. Pepe and Z.P. Jiang, "Input-to-output stability for systems described by retarded functional differential equations" European Journal of Control, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 539-5