- Phone: (718) 260-3250
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Rogers Hall 316D
- My lecture notes on the MyPoly website
Master of Science,
Kharkov Phys-Tech Institute for Low Temperatures
Kiev Institute of Physics, Academy of Science, USSR
- University physics
- Thermal physics
- Solid state physics
- Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics
- American Physical Society
- More than 50 articles in major physical journals, conference talks
Favorite Books + Authors
Interesting links related to your field you’d like to share
- There are also numerous links to interesting experiments and demos.
Please provide a brief description of your teaching philosophy.
- I believe that the primary goal of education is development of critical thinking and creation of student’s attitude to the surrounding world, not a mechanical accumulation of information and axioms.
- I believe that the basic principles of physics can be and must be explained as simple as possible (but not simpler)
What do you enjoy most about teaching at Poly?
- I like the friendly environment, colleagues, and the inquisitive students
Aside from textbooks, what other reading material would you recommend to your students?
- There are many books written by outstanding scientists who “made” contemporary physics.
- Also there are evem much more masterpieces outside of science which are must for cultured people.
Outside interests or hobbies: