Lorcan M. Folan
Doctor of Philosophy,
Trinity College, Dublin
Bachelor of Science,
- Introductory Physics Sequence
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Fundamentals of Applied Nuclear Physics.
- Spectroscopic characterization of aerosol particles
- Optical properties of micro-cavities
- Energy transfer in condensed matter
- Electron capture beta decay
- The American Physical Society
- The Institute of Physics (London)
- The Optical Society of America
- The American Association of Physics Teachers
- The American Society for Engineering Education
- Sigma Xi (President, Polytechnic Chapter 1990-92)
- Enhanced energy transfer within a microparticle. L.M. Folan, S. Arnold and S.D. Druger, Chemical Physics Letters 118 322-327 (1985).
- Microparticle Fluorescence and Energy Transfer, L.M. Folan and S. Arnold, a chapter in "Topics in Fluorescence Spectroscopy: Volume 3", J.R. Lakowicz editor, Plenum Press, New York, 1992, pages 345-386.
- Effects of the hyperfine interaction on orbital electron capture. L.M. Folan and V.I. Tsifrinovich, Physical Review Letters 74 499-501 (1995).
- “Modern Physics and Technology for Undergraduate Students,” by L.M. Folan, V.I. Tsifrinovich, and G.P. Berman, World Scientific, Singapore, 2003.
- Exposing undergraduates to contemporary science and technology through physics problems. L.M. Folan and V.I. Tsifrinovich. Proceedings of the UNESCO 5th Global Congress on Engineering Education, pages 51-54, 2006.
- Generation and monitoring of directed neutrino beams using electron capture beta-decay sources, C.DeAngelis, L.M. Folan and V.I. Tsifrinovich, Physical Review C86 034615 (2012).
Outside interests or hobbies: