- Research Interests
- Spectroscopic characterization of aerosol particles
- Optical properties of micro-cavities
- Energy transfer in condensed matter
- Electron capture beta decay
- Journal Articles
- Enhanced energy transfer within a microparticle. L.M. Folan, S. Arnold and S.D. Druger, Chemical Physics Letters 118 322-327 (1985).
- Microparticle Fluorescence and Energy Transfer, L.M. Folan and S. Arnold, a chapter in "Topics in Fluorescence Spectroscopy: Volume 3", J.R. Lakowicz editor, Plenum Press, New York, 1992, pages 345-386.
- Effects of the hyperfine interaction on orbital electron capture. L.M. Folan and V.I. Tsifrinovich, Physical Review Letters 74 499-501 (1995).
- “Modern Physics and Technology for Undergraduate Students,” by L.M. Folan, V.I. Tsifrinovich, and G.P. Berman, World Scientific, Singapore, 2003.
- Exposing undergraduates to contemporary science and technology through physics problems. L.M. Folan and V.I. Tsifrinovich. Proceedings of the UNESCO 5th Global Congress on Engineering Education, pages 51-54, 2006.
- Generation and monitoring of directed neutrino beams using electron capture beta-decay sources, C.DeAngelis, L.M. Folan and V.I. Tsifrinovich, Physical Review C86 034615 (2012).
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Institute Title
- Associate Professor and Department Head
- Applied Physics
- Office Location/Address
- RH 300
- Phone Number
- (718) 260-3072
- Member for
- 4 years 24 weeks
- Polytechnic University , Class of
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Trinity College, Dublin, Class of
- Bachelor of Science