Now that you’ve had an opportunity to review the options to help finance your NYU-Poly education, it’s time to begin the financial aid application process. We are confident that the same persistence and talent that brought you to NYU-Poly will help you throughout the financial aid process.
Students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens who want to be considered for financial aid at NYU-Poly should complete the CSS Profile and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). New York State residents should also apply for the state’s Tuition Assistance Program (TAP).
When filing for financial aid, new and continuing students for Spring 2014 should use the NYU-Poly school codes as follows:
- CSS Profile Code is 2668
- FAFSA Code is 002796
- Undergraduate TAP Code is 0610
When filing for financial aid, new and continuing students for Fall 2014 should use the NYU school codes as follows:
- CSS Profile Code is 2785 (Continuing and Transfer Students do not need to file the CSS PROFILE)
- FAFSA Code is 002785 ( The 2014/15 FAFSA becomes available January 1, 2014)
- Undergraduate TAP Code is 0555
The deadline date to submit your 2014/15 FAFSA (and CSS Profile if required) is April 1, 2014.
Although Federal Aid is reserved for students who are eligible to complete the FAFSA, there is limited financial aid available for International Students and they are encouraged to complete the CSS Profile as well by April 1, 2014.
For much more information, please refer to the Financial Aid webpage at NYU.
If you have questions or need assistance at any stage, please contact Financial Aid.
New Students for Spring 2014
All new students (excluding transfer students) applying NYU-Poly need based aid for Spring 2014 must complete the CSS Profile. NYU-Poly’s school code for the CSS Profile is 2668. Please visit the CSS Profile website for the online application and instructions.
The CSS Profile is available for completion beginning October 1st each year. To insure the maximum amount of institutional aid, applicants are advised to complete the CSS Profile by February 15th. You may submit your profile anytime prior August 1, 2013. You do not have to file your 1040 tax forms to complete the Profile. Please file the Profile as soon as possible.
The CSS Noncustodial PROFILE is also required, if applicable;
- NYU-Poly requires noncustodial parents to report their income, assets and other information. Providing such information does not necessarily mean that the student’s noncustodial parent will be expected or required to contribute to educational costs.
- Under certain circumstances NYU-Poly will consider waiving the requirement for the CSS Noncustodial PROFILE in the event the information cannot be obtained. Please click on Forms and Links on the right hand side to complete the Non-Custodial Waiver Request.
- If the CSS Noncustodial PROFILE is required but not submitted, and NYU-Poly does not grant the applicant a waiver of this requirement, the student will not be considered for need-based NYU scholarship or grant funds.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Please visit the FAFSA website for the online application and instructions.
FAFSA code: 002796
If you are a New York State resident, you can apply for the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) online. When filing your FAFSA on the web, you will also be able to file your TAP Application. Use the TAP website as a resource when applying.
Undergraduate TAP Code: 0610
If you are an NYU-Poly student who is already receiving aid, or would like to receive aid, you must complete your FAFSA each year (see above for link and our FAFSA code). You should also view this list of downloadable forms you may need to maintain your aid or apply for new aid.
Note: Continuing students are not required to complete the CSS Profile.
Students must be enrolled in a matriculated degree granting program to qualify for federal aid. Graduate students enrolled in a certificate program are not eligible for federal loans.
You can electronically sign your Perkins Promissory Note online.