Starting a New Club or Organization
Creating a new club or organization is easy. As long as you meet the requirements, complete the required forms and meet the deadlines provided, you are on your way to creating your group! Below are a few requirements to have before you start, please make sure you have:
- At least ten members who are NYU-Poly students
- A faculty or staff advisor
- A mission statement and goals
- A constitution
For more detailed information, please download our Student Organization Handbook.
Please read through the Student Organization Handbook (above) and submit completed Club Registration Packet to the Office of Student Activities and Resource Center. A meeting will be set up within two weeks of submission with the Coordinator of Student Activities and a Student Council member for official recognition.
Click here for the CLUB REGISTRATION PACKET.
Fall Application Deadlines
Please submit your new club application materials by Friday, October 25th (5:00pm) to be considered for Fall 2013 recognition. If submitted after 10/25/2013, your organization will not be able to become recognized until Fall 2014.
Approved Club Applicaitons will be eligible for the Spring Club Fest.
For help or questions about Student Clubs and Organizations, please contact Stephanie Jackson, Coordinator of Student Activities. For graduate student clubs and organizations, please contact Kristen Assaiante.
Re-Recognition of Clubs and Organizations
All currently recognized and active student clubs are able to be re-recognized at the end of the spring semester for the following academic year. Re-recognition will open in April 2014 and close in May 2014 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
All clubs who submit by the deadline will not only be able to continue being active but will also be eligible for the following perks:
- Automatic $25 to be used on NYU-Poly Club Fest (still must submit to participate)
- Ability to submit a funding request for up to $100 for a club event to be held during first three weeks of class
- Club information submitted to the NYU Center for Student Activities, Leadership, and Service to be added to the All Clubs website
- Ability to participate in the All Club NYU Club Fest
- Access to reserve space in the Kimmel Center