Official transcripts are mailed in sealed envelopes, and are printed on official security paper which bears the Registrar's signature and Institute seal.
Unofficial transcripts are student copies (not signed or sealed by the Registrar). Current students may print unofficial copies of their transcripts (free of charge) online via their Self-Service account. Click here for step-by-step instructions.
How to Request Your Transcript
Step 1: Complete the Transcript Request Form.
Step 2: Pay Transcript processing fee ($5 per copy):
- Credit Card: Click here to pay for your transcript(s) online by credit card.
- Check or money order: enclose a check or money order payable to Polytechnic Institute of NYU with your mailed transcript request
- Cash: You may pay by cash in-person at the Registrar's Office (Dibner 201)
- To expedite processing, please note your method of payment on your transcript request.
Step 3: Submit your transcript request:
Mail completed forms and payment to:
- Fax completed forms to (718) 260-3052 (payment for faxed requests should be submitted online and noted on the form)
- Email scanned (PDF formatted) request forms to email@example.com (payment for emailed requests should be submitted online and noted on the form)
- In-person: at the Registrar's Office (Dibner 201)
Important Processing information
Transcripts must be mailed or picked-up by the student. Transcripts will not be emailed or faxed.
All transcript requests must be signed by the student/alumnus. Requests from third-parties will not be processed.
The processing fee for both official and unofficial transcripts is $5 per copy.
Transcripts sent to (or picked up by) a student are stamped "Issued to Student."
NYU-Poly will not release copies of transcripts from other institutions.
NYU-Poly will not release a partial transcript. Both graduate and undergraduate transcripts will be sent upon request.
Photo identification is required upon transcript pick-up.
Transcript requests from current or former students with unmet financial obligations will not be processed until obligations are met and holds are cleared by Student Financial Services.
Allow 3 to 5 business days for your transcript request to be processed.
Requests for transcripts prior to 1986 may require extended processing time.
NYU-Poly will not pay for expedited mailing. A pre-paid UPS mailing label must be attached to any expedited request.
Enrollment & Degree Certifications
Enrollment and degree verifications from Polytechnic Institute of NYU are handled by the National Student Clearinghouse. Please direct requests to the National Student Clearinghouse:
- Online at: www.degreeverify.com or www.enrollmentverify.com
- By phone at: 703-742-4200
- By fax at: 703-742-4239
Students in need of a specifically written letter or completed form must make requests in writing to the Registrar’s Office, and should expect 3-5 days for processing. Students may submit a Verification Request Form or written letter at Dibner 201, or by mail or fax. Such requests must include the student’s name, ID number, specific information to be verified, and to where the completed verification should be sent.
Address requests to: