To Be Completed By Undergraduate Applicant
You are required to certify that you will have adequate financial support to cover your cost of education and living expenses for the entire period of study at Polytechnic Institute of NYU. A Certificate of Eligibility (Form I-20 or Form DS2019) for obtaining a student visa will not be issued until you have completed this form satisfactorily and submitted it with the official documents which verify your assets. Please read and fill out the form as per the instructions below.
Be sure to keep copies of all documents submitted as you will need this information when you apply to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services for a visa.
Please have the following documents ready in electronic form before you start filling out this form.
- Affidavit of Support (This is a declaration which has to be filled by the applicant’s sponsor. Applicants who are sponsoring themselves need to fill out the affidavit of support as well).
- Proof of availability of funds such as bank statements indicating available funds, loan approval letters or any other demonstration of assets.
- All documents submitted as proof of availability of funds must be in the name(s) of those signing affidavits of support.
- Certificate of Finance and Bank Statements must be dated within six (6) months of the start of classes for the incoming semester. Please submit the required documents as soon as possible, but not before March 1st (August 1st for Spring Admission).
- Copy of Applicant’s Passport and dependents’ passport(s), if any.