- Position Title
- Desktop Engineer
- Position ID
- Position Type
- Information Systems
About the Position
- Manage the Institute’s General Computer Lab.
- Customarily and regularly supervise and direct the work of all General Computer Lab student employees.
- Perform personnel management duties including interviewing, hiring, disciplining and training of General Computer Lab student employees.
- Evaluate and/or recommend computer and related equipment purchases for faculty and staff.
- Maintain the Institute’s Windows Desktop and Laptop computers.
- Maintain the Institute’s General Computing Lab.
- Support the integration of Smart Phones and PDAs to the Institute’s systems.
- Configure email and virus protection for staff and faculty.
- Set up and configure data processing equipment for Institute functions.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other Institute employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, and efficiency / effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information and Technology or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience.
- Experience with Windows and Macintosh platforms.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, multi-vendor environment.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills: capable of training users in complex. topics, making presentations to internal groups. Capable of writing and explaining purchase justifications.
- Familiar with fundamental networking/distributed computing environments and concepts.
Apply for This Position
Please submit the following documentation to apply for this position:
- Cover Letter