- Position Title
- Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
- Position ID
- Position Type
- Graduate Enrollment Management & Admissions
About the Position
Under the supervision of the Director of Graduate Enrollment Management & Admissions, the Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions is responsible for marketing communications and graduate student recruitment at NYU Engineering. The Assistant Director will implement the strategies to meet graduate enrollment goals in accordance with the University's strategic plan. The Assistant Director will play a critical role in assisting the Director of Enrollment Management and Senior Director of Graduate Enrollment Management in developing enrollment outreach strategy including marketing media mix, collateral, and annual planning. The Assistant Director will provide Senior Management with benchmarking data and recommendations for the improvement of processes and student and faculty service. The Assistant Director also is responsible for all review and editing of all communications materials including print, web, and advertising text.
- Assist in the coordination of a comprehensive recruitment and marketing strategy designed to increase the number of full-time, part-time, and visiting graduate students on a consistent, yearly basis.
- Provide on-going communication and student application support for prospective new students focused on yielding a higher volume and quantity of domestic students.
- Provide oversight and planning for all graduate enrollment events related to student recruitment on-campus and off-site, including budgeting, outreach, and venue selection.
- Provide on-going correspondence with prospective students for graduate admission and follow-up to enrollment.
- Working with the Director, plan recruitment travel activities for application generation and yield activities, virtual events, and regional opportunities for student outreach. Conduct recruitment travel internationally and domestically on behalf of the university.
- Work closely with academic and administrative portfolios to ensure consistent processes, messages, and standards.
- Work with the operations team to coordinate special projects for enrollment outreach in international and domestic markets.
- Work with Director to create a strategic vision and plan for marketing communications in conjunction with operations team.
- Act as a liaison between Graduate Enrollment Management and academic departments.
- Work with outside vendors and service providers for special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Director of Graduate Enrollment Management and Admissions.
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 3 years of experience in admissions and enrollment at a selective college or university. Experience in STEM graduate education preferred.
- Proven leadership ability and skills.
- Experience with recruitment travel for international and domestic students. Valid unrestricted passport and driver’s license required.
- Experience working with diverse groups in an educational or other non-profit organization.
- Excellent skills in problem-solving, resolving complex admissions issues.
- Willingness to perform a wide range of tasks, and adapting administrative applications to systems of customer relationship management (CRM).
- Experience in using technology (e.g. PeopleSoft, enrollment management technology, web management, database management, PowerPoint, etc.) to support recruitment and data management and professional presentations.
- Excellent writing skills and interpersonal communication.
- Ability and interest in marketing academic programs.
- Creativity, flexibility and a keen willingness to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented office.
- The work environment includes normal office duties on-campus and travel to domestic and international locations worldwide for graduate student recruitment.
Apply for This Position
Please submit the following documentation to apply for this position:
- Cover Letter