- Position Title
- Hardware Engineer
- Position ID
- Position Type
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
About the Position
The initial term is one-year starting in March-April 2013 and renewable based on performance and funding availability .The Hardware Engineer is responsible for design and testing of electronic circuits for medical devices.
• We are seeking applicants for a hardware engineer position for medical devices. This position will interact with graduate students, post-docs, and faculty (including MD faculty) in the design, prototyping, testing and debugging of board level circuits for medical implants.
• He/she will also be responsible for purchases for the prototypes, and also of the day-to-day operations of the research lab.
• Responsible design decisions at every level of the design.
• The successful candidate will also be involved in testing custom chips developed in-house for medical devices, and assist the medical-grade packaging of such devices.
• An Associate degree in electronics or equivalent with 2+ years experience developing digital and analog hardware products is required.
• Experience in schematic capture, PCB layout, assembly and testing is a must.
• Prior experience in the design of medical circuits is preferred.
• A BSEE or equivalent with 3+ years experience developing digital and analog hardware circuits is required.
• Experience in schematic capture, PCB layout (Allegro/Orcad, Eagle), assembly and testing along with a working knowledge of instrumentation amplifiers, analog filters, regulators, A/D, D/A converters, and serial communication with microcontrollers are required.
• Prior experience in the design of medical circuits and/or in neurological signal processing applications is a plus.
• the position also requires identifying and purchasing the best components needed for prototypes
• Experience in low-power, low-noise circuit design is also desirable.
Apply for This Position
Please submit the following documentation to apply for this position:
- Cover Letter