- Position Title
- Visiting Faculty in Civil Engineering
- Position ID
- Position Type
- Civil and Urban Engineering
About the Position
The Department of Civil and Urban Engineering at Polytechnic Institute of New York University (NYU-Poly) invites qualified candidates to apply for a one-year visiting faculty position. Preference is for applicants who specialize in construction engineering and management. Faculty on sabbatical and recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- The successful candidate is expected to initiate/maintain an innovative, externally funded research program and to teach substantive graduate and undergraduate courses in support of the department’s mission.
- Applicants must possess B.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in civil, construction, or urban engineering from internationally recognized universities.
- Preference will be given to individuals with relevant industry experience, cutting edge technology knowledge, and relevant university teaching and research experience in academic environments where English is the medium of instruction and protocol. Qualified candidates will be considered with salary and hiring rank commensurate with qualifications, academic accomplishments, and experience.
Apply for This Position
Please submit the following documentation to apply for this position:
- Cover Letter
- Please send a pdf file containing application letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching and research interests, and names and contact information of three references to Dr. Magued Iskander, Head Civil and Urban Engineering Dept. via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.