- Position Title
- Program Operations Manager (CSE)
- Position ID
- Position Type
- Computer Science and Engineering
About the Position
Under the direction of the center director, this position is responsible for the promotional, organizational, and administration services for Visualization and Data Analysis Center (VIDA). This is a grant-funded position and is contingent upon grant renewal and availability.
- Develop, manage, and post web-based content and maintain websites for the VIDA Center, applying skills in web design and posting capabilities, content from faculty and students in research center.
- Manage annual conference, workshop and events for center director and center faculty and students, working with all constituencies to provide a successful conference and/or event.
- Manage organized and searchable hardcopy database of all published papers, theses, submitted papers.
- Manage the center’s schedules. Maintain center administrative file, record of assets and library.
- Serve as liaison for the center director and other faculty with external collaborators, especially relating to complex or high-priority requests, or visits by VIPs to the research center.
- Supervise other administrative staff and students, as appropriate
- Schedule travel; coordinate expense reports for faculty and students.
- Work on special projects and other duties as directed by the center director and faculty
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Demonstrated office management experience and providing a high level of customer service.
- Proficiency with intermediate to advanced word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Good proofreading and writing skills.
- Proficiency with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office.
- Operational experience which includes, but not exclusively, maintaining schedule, logistics.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work with and relate well with the colleagues in NYU and NYU Poly communities, government officials, the public, and students.
Apply for This Position
Please submit the following documentation to apply for this position:
- Cover Letter