- Position Title
- Industry Professor of Technology Management
- Position ID
- Position Type
- Technology Management
About the Position
The Industry Professor will be an individual with an outstanding record of scholarly accomplishment and industry activities, with demonstrable experience in building and growing programs in an academic or business setting.
• Conducting graduate and executive teaching in the area of technology management. Specifically, the candidate should be able to teach courses in the area of technology entrepreneurship, strategy, technology marketing, and related topics. Prior entrepreneurial experience in a technology setting is highly desirable. The department currently offers the following courses in these areas: Entrepreneurship, Managing Technological Change and Innovation, Technology Strategy, Knowledge Management, Managing Knowledge Enterprises, Entrepreneurial Finance, Managing Growing Enterprises, and Entrepreneurial Marketing and Sales. The standard teaching load is 18-24 credits during the academic year.
• Active involvement in raising the profile, quality and awareness of our departmental activities, including supervision and mentoring of research students, advising student led startups, and facilitation of corporate outreach and alumni relations. Interest in developing a program of applied research is desirable.
• Fostering partnerships that enhance the global reputation of the department and university.
• Working with faculty colleagues in outreach and development activities that provide resources for the group’s teaching and research mission.
A PhD or its equivalent in the area of Technology Management, Business, or in any Engineering related field, and proven industry experience is necessary. Prior preparation in engineering and/or a MBA degree is a plus. Candidates are encouraged to submit details of prior teaching experience, academic publications and a portfolio of funding successes.
Apply for This Position
Please submit the following documentation to apply for this position:
- Cover Letter