Tuesday, May 21, 2013 - 5:00pm - 6:30pm EDT
- Location:The Greene Space
44 Charlton Street (corner of Varick Street), New York, NY, US
- Tickets: Free, but reservations are required
- Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- Venue: The Greene Space
44 Charlton Street, New York, NY
(corner of Varick Street)
Co-moderated by the host of WNYC’s New Tech City Manoush Zomorodi and WNYC’s Contributing Editor for Education Beth Fertig, the event will cover a range of questions:
- Why do we need to expand STEM education?
- How can we attract more people trained in science and technology to the classroom?
- What’s being done to recruit more minority students and girls to the STEM fields?
- What would the ideal school look like in terms of STEM, and what would it cost to bring that model citywide?
- What needs to happen in the public and private sectors to bring this to the next level?