Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 10:00am - 2:30pm EDT
The Laptop Incentive Program, offered by the Center for Faculty Innovations in Teaching and Learning, is designed to introduce faculty to the technologies available at NYU-Poly, the purposeful use of these technologies and best practices for teaching and learning.
As part of this initiative, participating faculty who successfully complete the program will receive FREE laptops to facilitate their continued access to new technologies.
To be eligible for the program, participants must be full-time faculty members and must complete 12 hours of FITL workshops.
Day 1: Tuesday, March 19th
- Introduction to Program/eno Interactive Board and Smart Classrooms
- SMART Podium Interactive Pen Display
- Teaching with Blackboard Collaborate – the virtual classroom software
Day 2: Wednesday, March 20th | 10am - 2:30pm | RH 503
- Assessments I: Assignments in Blackboard
- Introduction to Grade Center in Blackboard
- Collaborating with Groups in Blackboard
- Clickers @ NYU-Poly/Introduction & Demo
Day 3: Friday, March 22nd
- Student Collaboration with Wikis in Blackboard
- Introduction to Faculty Media Studio
- Break (Optional)
- Faculty Presentations on Teaching w/ Technology
- Laptop Configuration Options/Closing