Monday, March 22, 2010 - 3:00pm - 5:00pm EDT
- Location:NYU Langone Medical Center, Farkas Auditorium
550 First Avenue, New York, NY
Polytechnic Institute of NYU Provost Elizabeth Dianne Rekow, DDS, PhD, will give an overview of the NYU-Poly relationship, discuss collaborative opportunities between researchers at NYU-Poly and the School of Medicine and College of Dentistry, and highlight NYU-Poly's 4 Grand Challenges:
- Tailoring bio-molecular interactions;
- Creating intelligent sensor systems;
- Mapping, securing, and extracting information from the infosphere; and
- Engineering smart cities.
Several NYU-Poly researchers will give brief presentations on their work, discuss the potential for collaborative relationships between engineering sciences and biological sciences, and answer questions about their research.
All faculty, staff, postdocs, and students are invited to attend this free event.