Follow the steps below to report your disability with NYU-Poly’s Office of the Dean of Student Affairs.
If you have questions, please contact Judith Simonsen, Coordinator of Student Advocacy and Compliance:
Jacobs Building, Room 158
Six MetroTech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201
How to Report Your Disability
- Schedule an appointment with the Coordinator of Student Advocacy and Compliance, Judith Simonsen.
- When you meet with the Coordinator you will be given certain forms to be filled out by yourself and by your physician/ psychiatrist /licensed psychologist. Please note: In the case of a learning disability and or ADD/ADHD a diagnostic test is required.
- After the initial meeting with the Coordinator you will need to visit your physician/ psychiatrist /licensed psychologist to complete your Certification of Disability. In the case of a learning disability, you will need to provide us with up to date documentation.
- Application for Services, Certification of Disability, and Authorization for Release have to be submitted to the Coordinator when they are completed.
- After submission, the Coordinator will review your paperwork and discuss accommodations with you.