Rules and Conditions
Submission deadline: Monday, November 11th; 11:59pm
Watch videos: go to our YouTube channel to see last year's submissions
Do not submit videos via email. Emailed submissions will not be considered.
- Submissions should be no longer than 30 seconds and not contain any violence, nudity, or foul language
- Submit videos at https://isis.poly.edu/dropbox using the same username and email you registered with.
- All videos should have the contestant's name and school shown within the video
- All videos should have "Submitted to the NYU-Poly CSAW 2012 Security Video competition sponsored by Adobe" within the video
- There are no travel grants for competition. You do not have to be present to win, but we encourage all local entrants to join us at CSAW
- Participants can submit one video only
- Winners will be determined by a weighted combination of votes from internet voters, judges, and CSAW attendees
- Only currently registered students (high school, undergraduate, or graduate) may apply
- We reserve the right to request proof of registration
By making a submission, entrants give permission to NYU-Poly to edit and/or redistribute the submission. Any entries which do not adhere to all of the above rules and conditions are subject to disqualification.
The information security world has recently been buzzing with discussion regarding social networking sites. The following is a small subset of the articles that have been written regarding the risks associated with social networking sites:
- Phishing Apps Found on Facebook, PC Magazine
- How Hackers Can Steal Your Personal Information From Facebook, Dark Reading
- Artist Sharkey victim of Facebook identity theft, Evening Herald (Ireland)
- Five People Sue Facebook For Sharing Info, Red Orbit
- Social Media Banned, Creates Identity Theft Risk, Expert Click