About Capture The Flag
CSAW CTF is a entry-level CTF, designed for undergraduate students who are trying to break into security. Challenges are specifically designed to point students in directions that will help them understand fundamental concepts and develop practical skills. Our sponsors are big players in the security field, who are serious about hiring the right people with the right skills. Our judges are world-renowned experts in the security field, who are dedicated to making sure that our challenges are designed to test these skills.
To read more visit the CSAW CTF website: https://csawctf.poly.edu/
2012 Capture The Flag Champions!
- 1st Place: PPP1 5150
- 2nd Place: PPP2 4775
- 3rd Place: BUILDS 4650
Open to the public. Top 10 Undergraduate teams from the United States and Canada who play according to the Competition Rules will be flown to New York to compete in the Final Round for prizes.
- Website with Registration Link: CTF Registration Website
- Competition Captains: Julian Cohen and Kevin Chung
- Contact via email
- Preliminary round: Friday, September 28, 2012 - Sunday September 30, 2012
- 1st place: $1,000
- 2nd place: $750
- 3rd place: $500
Travel Grant for Finalists
Winning teams of up to four members will be provided with round-trip airfare to New York City and local hotel accomodations during the competition.
The CSAW CTF has a world-class judges panel with experts and rock stars from all over the security industry. Please visit the CTF judges page for more information.
Congratulations to the 2011 Winners!
- Team PPP1, Carnegie Mellon University – Garrett Barboza, Matt Dickoff, Tyler Nighswander and Ricky Zhou
- Team PPP2, Carnegie Mellon University – Joseph Lee, Brent Lim, Alex Reece and Hudson Thrift
- Team RPISEC, Rensselear Polytechnic Institute – Shawn Denbow, Jeremy Pope, Wilson Wong and Jared Candelaria
Congratulations to the 2011 Finalists!
- BUILDS Team 2, Boston University, USA
- PPP1, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- PPP2, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- PPP3, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Mr Lee's Greater Hong Kong Deliverators, New Mexico Tech, USA
- thingys, MIT, USA
- RPISEC, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- NULLify, University of Nebraska, USA
- WCSC, University of South Florida, USA
- CSG, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Delusions of Grandeur, US Air Force Academy, USA