Congratulations to the 2011 Winners!
Capture the Flag Winners
- Team PPP1, Carnegie Mellon University – Garrett Barboza, Matt Dickoff, Tyler Nighswander and Ricky Zhou
- Team PPP2, Carnegie Mellon University – Joseph Lee, Brent Lim, Alex Reece and Hudson Thrift
- Team RPISEC, Rensselear Polytechnic Institute – Shawn Denbow, Jeremy Pope, Wilson Wong and Jared Candelaria
Congratulations to the 2011 Finalists!
Capture the Flag finalists
- BUILDS Team 2, Boston University, USA
- PPP1, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- PPP2, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- PPP3, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Mr Lee's Greater Hong Kong Deliverators, New Mexico Tech, USA
- thingys, MIT, USA
- RPISEC, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- NULLify, University of Nebraska, USA
- WCSC, University of South Florida, USA
- CSG, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Delusions of Grandeur, US Air Force Academy, USA
Still looking to compete? Answer the Call for Papers at the Kasperksy American Cup at NYU-Poly CSAW.
The CSAW Capture The Flag competition is a contest designed to evaluate application security skills. Competitors will attack vulnerable applications and solve offensive challenges. Challenges are divided into technical categories and assigned point values based on how difficult they are. The CSAW CTF is loosely based on the widely known DEFCON Capture The Flag competition. As with all competitions, it takes more than just skill to succeed; plan a strategy and put together a diverse team.
Cash prizes for winners:
- 1st place: $1000
- 2nd place: $750
- 3rd place: $500
$5,000 Master of Science scholarships for all finalists who attend NYU-Poly.
For new undergraduate and graduate students: scholarships can only be used at NYU-Poly and for tuition purposes only, and when combined with other Poly grants and/or scholarships cannot exceed cost of tuition.
For current Poly undergraduates: The CSAW scholarship for continuing Poly undergraduates when combined with other Poly grants and/or scholarships cannot exceed $20,000 tuition costs per year.
$7,000 Undergraduate scholarships for all finalists who attend NYU-Poly. Winning undergraduate teams receive the following scholarship prizes:
- 1st place: $14,000
- 2nd place: $12,000
- 3rd place: $9,000
- Please go to https://csawctf.poly.edu/ for more information.