The co-op program is closed for the fall semester and internships can no longer be registered under the CP courses (CP 9910, 9920, etc.).
Beginning in the spring 2014 semester, internship courses will be managed by each of the academic departments. The existing cooperative education courses (CP 9910, 9920, etc.) will be revised and the process for registering academic internships will be modified. This may impact the CPT (Curricular Practical Training) application process for some students. Additional details on these changes will be available soon and students are strongly encouraged to speak with the Office of International Students and Scholars.
Polytechnic Institute of NYU’s Cooperative Education Program provides an exciting opportunity for students to gain valuable work experience while learning real-world professional skills. Students who successfully complete the program will receive a notation on their transcript.
Interested in completing a Co-Op? Start your search on NYU CareerNet and read about the process and guidelines below. For more information, come to The Wasserman Center at NYU-Poly during walk-in hours or email email@example.com.
- Complete Internship Orientation
- Download the Registration Form and the Co-op Guidelines, Policies and Procedures, and review both with your prospective employer
- Bring Registration Form, Offer Letter, and Transcript to The Wasserman Center at NYU-Poly during walk-in hours
- The Wasserman Center will connect you with your faculty advisor, with whom you will meet to review your application
- Obtain Faculty Approval: Register for the appropriate Co-op Practicum Course (CP 991, 992, CP 201, 202, etc.)
- Bring updated documents to The Wasserman Center at NYU-Poly for final approval
- NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Upon receiving final approval from The Wasserman Center at NYU-Poly, you will be issued a letter to submit to OISS, you may ONLY work once your I-20 has been updated
Applications with start dates less than 2 weeks from the submission date will not be processed.