Stay informed about upcoming events and exciting opportunities.
- Subscribe to our industry-specific career eNewsletters to receive weekly events, jobs, and career resources of interest to you. Click above or go to NYU CareerNet > My Account > Notifications/Privacy to sign up.
Attend the Social Media + Networking for Your Job Search seminar to learn more about how to utilize social media for professional purposes.
- Find out about job and internship postings
- Stay aware of career-related events
- Network with peers, alumni and employers
- Get tips for finding and keeping a job or internship
- Connect to career-related news and current events
- Watch out for #WassNYUPoly for events, jobs, and news especially relevant to NYU-Poly Students
The Wasserman Center at NYU-Poly encourages student clubs and organizations as well as faculty members to partner with us throughout the year. If your organization is preparing for conferences, employer events, or site visits, we can help you put your best foot forward. Someone from the career center can also conduct a presentation during an open class session.
We offer a selection of workshops that you can choose from for your class or organization, and would also be happy to work with you to create a more custom workshop, if needed. We ask that you provide at least 3 weeks notice if you are interested in having one of our career counselors speak in your class or at your organization’s event.
Please fill out this form with your request, and a staff member from our office will reach out to you within 2 business days. We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but may recommend that your group attend pre-existing events if the dates and content are similar.
- Acing the Interview: Knowing what to expect can put your interviewing anxiety at ease. Learn how to prepare for internship and full-time job interviews. Strategize appropriate responses to the toughest questions, such as strengths, weaknesses, "Tell me about yourself," and salary responses. Identify resources necessary to familiarize yourself with both the company and industry.
- Social Media and Networking for Your Job Search: An effective job or internship search requires a multi-layered approach. In this seminar, we learn how to expand your network through the use of social media. Make the connections you need to get the job you want. Additionally, discover key ways to protect your online reputation, and uncover a virtual hidden job market.
- Maximizing Your Job Search: An effective job or internship search requires a multi-layered approach. Discover traditional and unique ways to identify job opportunities. Hear more about how and when to begin applying for positions. Learn how to network effectively, make key industry contacts, and utilize those contacts to uncover the "hidden job market".
- Resumes and Cover Letters that Work: Your resume and cover letter are your introduction to potential employers. This is your first step toward obtaining that coveted job interview. Learn resume and cover letter writing techniques to best reflect your qualifications and experience. Discover ways to highlight your internships, student activities, volunteer and leadership experiences.
- Making the Most of a Career Fair: Learn how to set yourself apart at upcoming career and internship fairs, where employers will be hiring for full-time, internships, or part-time opportunities.