Sophomore and Junior Year — Get a Head Start
Choosing the right college is a life-changing decision that requires a lot ofpreparation, so it’s important to start your research as early as possible.
Here are a few things to keep in mind as you prepare for the college selection process:
- Identify your interests and research possible career options
- If you’re into engineering and techy stuff, check out jets.org
- Learn as much information as possible about the colleges that interest you
- Stay focused on your grades and enroll in the appropriate PSAT, SAT and ACT prep courses
- Take advantage of career-days or career fairs
- Get involved in extracurricular activities,clubs or sports
- Devise a savings plan for college
- Visit a few colleges, take campus tours and inquire about overnight programs
- Look into potential scholarship opportunities and apply “early admission”, as many colleges have scholarship deadlines
- Have fun! This is an exciting time in your life, so enjoy yourself and try not to get overwhelmed by the selection process
Senior Year — Stay on Track
To find the school that’s the right fit, you need to identify your goals and interests, as well as think about the places that will offer you the best opportunities to succeed in your major and after graduation.
Use the following monthly plan as a guide to help you stay on track during the college selection process: