How to Apply as a Visiting Student for Spring 2014
Visiting student admission is for students who are currently attending another 4-year college or university and who wish to spend one or (a maximum of) two semesters at NYU-Poly. Students should work with their home institution to insure that the courses they participate in at NYU-Poly will transfer back to the school where they will receive their degree. Students who wish to matriculate at the Polytechnic Institute of New York University and receive a degree from NYU-Poly should apply as transfer students, and should not apply for visiting student status.
To be eligible for consideration to participate in the NYU-Poly visiting student program for spring 2014, you must meet the following criteria:
- Currently achieving a cumulative GPA of a 3.0 or better. Students who do not meet this minimum academic requirement will not be considered.
- Not currently on academic, disciplinary, and/or medical leave or probation at your current institution. Students may take a personal leave for the semester(s) they are studying at NYU if such a leave is required by their home institution to maintain matriculation.
- It is also recommended that all applicants should be fully prepared for Calculus prior to enrolling as a visiting student at NYU-Poly.
When completing and returning your Visiting Student application, please read the checklist below to ensure that you have included the appropriate items and information (this list can be found on the application itself). Please note this list and set of instructions is only applicable to Visiting Students to NYU-Poly for Spring 2014 (all other applicants should visit www.admissions.nyu.edu):
- Completed Application
- Official Transcript
- Application Fee of $65.00, payable to “Polytechnic Institute of NYU”
- Please email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail all required materials to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Six MetroTech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201