Dear new members of the NYU-Poly community,
It is a great privilege to welcome you into the NYU-Poly community — the community of Polythinkers who are committed to serving society and inventing the future.
Your coming to NYU-Poly signifies an important step in your journey of invention, innovation, discovery and active learning — a journey towards your dream. Life on this journey may not be comfortable at times because the University experience is not a simple extension of your high school training. To realize your vision, you have to understand what a university education in rapidly advancing fields is. You also have to know how to make the most of your time with NYU-Poly. We will do our best to make your transition from high school to a research-intensive university as smooth as possible, but we are also counting on you to help us along the way by being proactive in your own educational experience.
This is an exciting time for NYU-Poly as we have incorporated various student-centered programs to enhance all aspects of your educational experience in an intellectually vibrant setting. Some of the initiatives we have undertaken in which you will take part are:
- An innovative curriculum bringing the notions of invention, innovation and entrepreneurship to the forefront of your academic experience
- Campus-wide intellectual and scholarly activities
- Enrollment in NYU classes
- Participation in professional and honor societies as well as national and international conferences, competitions and events
- Participation in Polytechnic’s study abroad and NYU’s global programs
- Mentored undergraduate research programs during the academic year and summer
Utilizing the intellectual capacity of our community, we are well positioned to play a pioneering role in shaping the higher education experience of the 21st century, and with your participation and help, we will create an intellectually rich community that we can all be proud of. I am delighted that you have chosen NYU-Poly for your journey of invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship, for a journey towards learning and discovery. I wish you every success.
Iraj M. Kalkhoran, Associate Provost