The School of Engineering's federally-funded TRIO program is run through our Office of Special Services which provides TRIO support services to eligible students. We offer services designed to maximize TRIO participants’ academic and personal potential, providing them with the support and skills needed to remain in college and complete a degree program.
What We Offer Our Students
- individualized tutoring
- cultural and social activities
- exam preparation
What is TRIO?
TRIO is a series of federal programs designed to create educational opportunity for disadvantaged students. TRIO’s programs motivate and support qualified students who are either low-income, first generation college, or have a documented disability so that they can succeed in the completion of their post secondary education.
- Identify qualified individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds;
- Prepare them for a program of postsecondary education;
- Provide support services for such students who are pursuing programs of postsecondary education;
- Motivate and prepare students for doctoral programs; and
- Train individuals serving or preparing for services, in programs and projects so designed.
- Educational Opportunity Centers
- McNair - Post Baccalaureate Achievement Program
- Student Support Services
- Talent Search
- Upward Bound
To learn about the history of TRIO programs, please visit the U.S. Department of Education TRIO web site.