How do I become a PTC tutor?
Undergraduate applicants must:
- Be NYU-Poly students in good standing; and
- Have been at NYU-Poly for at least 1 semester, and generally have sophomore status or above.
Graduate applicants must be:
- Able to invest necessary time and effort to familiarize themselves with NYU-Poly undergraduate course content, including syllabi and textbooks;
- Willing to attend undergraduate lectures as part of training; and
- Able to explain undergraduate course content in proficient English.
Requirements of ALL applicants include:
- a strong overall GPA (3.0 or higher)
- high grades in the subject that they wish to tutor (A or A-)
- a desire to help fellow students
- good communication skills
- ability to treat all students with respect
- ability to work on a team
- previous tutoring, teaching, or youth leadership experience is a plus, but not mandatory
How do I become a Writing Consultant?
Most Writing Consultants at the PTC are instructors or graduate students in English, the humanities, or technical communications. Occasionally there may be an opening for an undergraduate majoring in one of these fields. For further information, please contact John Paul Cleveland at email@example.com
How to I become an office aide at the PTC?
The PTC employs approximately 4 students per semester as office aides. Applicants must be students in good standing, with an overall GPA of 2.5, and must have been at NYU-Poly for at least 1 semester. Requirements include: friendly manner, excellent communications skills, good work ethic, and willingness to work on a team. Previous experience working with other students or with the public is a plus. Skill with common office programs (MS Word, Excel) is required, and strong academic skills are a plus.