Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy in Technology Management (PhD-TM) program at NYU-Poly is based on an in-depth evaluation your academic record, professional experience, research potential, interest in doctoral study, and overall intellectual and professional qualifications.
To apply to the program, whether you are applying to study as a full- or part-time student, submit the following:
- Application form with required application fee.
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work completed indicating a bachelor's degree with at least a B average from an accredited college or university. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institutions providing them to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Official score from either the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- TOEFL IBT scores for international students whose primary language of instruction in school was not English. A minimum score of 90 is required for admission.
- 3 letters of recommendation from persons qualified to comment on your aptitude for doctoral study and research. At least 2 should be from academics.
- Statement of purpose that at least covers why you are seeking entrance into the program and how well you are prepared to study for a PhD-TM at NYU-Poly.
- A research-based writing sample (minimum of 10 pages). This could be a paper or research project you have worked on in the past.
In some cases, the department contacts applicants for a telephone or personal interview.
In rare cases, the PhD-TM Admissions Committee may admit an applicant who does not meet all required admissions criteria as a non-degree student. Such a student then has a later opportunity to apply for admission to the PhD-TM program.