When considering whether an online education is right for you, NYU-ePoly encourages you to factor in your work and personal schedule, familiarity with computers, self-motivation, communication skills, and career goals.
Schedule: If your work and personal schedule does not permit you to attend any of the School of Engineering's campuses on a regular basis, then NYU-ePoly can bring the course directly to you via your computer.
Computer familiarity: If you are comfortable using the Internet, e-mailing, creating electronic documents, and transferring files, then NYU-ePoly can deliver a top-notch education to you.
Self-motivation: If you are a working professional, able to develop a feasible study schedule, dedicate time for viewing lectures, and complete assignments within a week, then NYU-ePoly can provide a quality online program that fits your life.
Communication skills: If you are comfortable typing and have command of the English language, then NYU-ePoly can convey the knowledge you need to succeed in its courses.
Career goals: If you want a supportive online environment, connections with peers pursuing similar goals, and the power to take your career to the next level, then NYU-ePoly is right for you.
Why learn online?
Earning a degree online has become an efficient way for many people to continue their education, and employers know that today's most prepared learners become tomorrow's most desirable professionals.
- Online learning eliminates geographical, physical, and time barriers that could otherwise prevent you from attending class
- NYU-ePoly’s 24/7 accessibility means that learning can happen whenever it is most convenient for you
- Instead of commuting to a classroom, you attend class online by logging in at any time during the week. Lectures are presented electronically, homework is posted online, class participation is as easy as sending an e-mail, and your professors are just a click away.
- The online learning experience enhances your computer and Internet skills, which are highly desirable in today's workplace
- Our highly involved instructors will provide weekly encouragement for you to review course materials and participate in online discussions
- The online format provides a self-paced learning environment, allowing you to speed up or slow down depending on you learning style
Am I eligible for the NYU-ePoly program?
To be eligible for NYU-ePoly’s graduate degree programs, you must meet the requirements for traditional graduate admission at the School of Engineering. Click here to review our graduate program requirements.