ProctorU is a new service that allows students to complete their assessment at any location while still ensuring the academic integrity of the exam for the institution. Using almost any webcam and computer, you can take exams at home, at work, or anywhere you have internet access.Please be aware that ProctorU charges a fee starting at $25.00 USD.
What equipment is needed?
- Speakers and Microphone (or USB Headset)
- Internet Connection
How it works:
ProctorU allows you to take your exam on demand or by appointment. All appointments should be made at least 3 days in advance. Reservations made within 72 hours of your exam are subject to a $5 late reservation fee. Students without an appointment can take their exam on demand for an additional fee of $8.75 utilizing the “Take it Now” feature. Late registration and “Take it Now” are subject to availability.
Once you confirm that your exam will be proctored online, you will need to follow the below instructions:
- Create an account at http://proctoru.com/poly/
- Confirm the timeframe of your exam specified by your professor.
- Once the timeframe is confirmed, book an appointment with ProctorU.
- At your appointment time, log-in to ProctorU and Blackboard.
- Your online proctor will communicate with you via webcam and audio. He/she will walk you through the share screen process.
- Once your screen is shared, you will need to show a photo ID and take a short "public record" quiz to confirm your identity. International students will be required to provide a second photo ID.
- The proctor watches you as you take your exam.
- Once done, you submit and save your exam on Blackboard.
For more information, see the links below: