The Fall 2013 applications are now CLOSED. (Deadline was July 31st, 2013)
The deadline for Spring 2014 applications is January 1st, 2014. Apply Now
About the Scholarship
The Graduate Center awards merit-based scholarships to qualifying students pursuing a master's degree. Students are considered during their application evaluation period. If you were not awarded a Graduate Center Merit-Based Scholarship for your first semester of study, you may apply again after your first semester at NYU-Poly through the application process described on this page. If you did receive a merit-based scholarship, you may apply for an upgrade.
All students who wish to be considered for an upgrade or new scholarship must submit a Graduate Center Merit-Based Scholarship or Scholarship Upgrade application. If you qualify for a New Scholarship, you will receive the scholarship based on the number of credits you are enrolled in for the Spring 2014 semester. If you qualify for a Scholarship Upgrade, you will receive an increment to your scholarship.
- Full- or part-time master’s students in their second semester, including MOT students. Students enrolled in an executive program (EMOT, IM or ISE), a certificate program, a doctoral program, or as a special student are not eligible.
- U.S. and non-U.S. citizens
- Students who attended and completed the Fall 2013 semester.
New Scholarship Applicants
- Must have passed 9 credits or more and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Should not be receiving the following: a Graduate Center Scholarship, Department Fellowship, Corporate Discount, Teachers Scholarship, GEM Fellowship, Reynolds Fellowship, or Lemelson Funding
- Must have received a Graduate Center Scholarship for the Fall 2013 semester
- Must have completed 18 credits or more and have a cumulative GPA of 3.833 or higher
- Are not required to submit an application. No application is necessary for scholarship renewal.
- Must have received a Graduate Center Merit-Based Scholarship for the Fall 2013 semester
- Must have a cumulative GPA that is greater than 3.33 after their first semester, or 3.5 or higher after their second semester
Fill out and submit your application by January 1st, 2014.
Note: All communication regarding scholarship decisions will be sent to your NYU-Poly student e-mail address.