Note: You must be registered for classes at NYU-Poly before beginning these steps.
How to Apply
- Log into CareerNet, NYU-Poly’s online job database, where all GSET positions are posted. Use the login information the The Wasserman Center for Career Development at NYU-Poly sent you during your first semester to log into the site.
- Submit your resume and other necessary materials for the job(s) you’re interested in.
Completing the Hiring Process
Follow these important steps once you’re been offered a GSET position to ensure that you receive paychecks and that NYU-Poly has the necessary paperwork. (Download this Workflow diagram for a visual look at the process.)
- Obtain an employment letter from your employer
- Complete I-9 forms in the Human Resources office (JB 258)
- International Students: Obtain an “Approval letter for work on campus” from the Office of International Students & Scholars and apply for Social Security number (SSN).
- Sign the GSET Acceptance Letter that you receive from the Graduate Center
- Submit your Social Security Number to Human Resources
- Send an email to Payroll to receive login credentials for to ADP TimeSaver where you’ll log your work hours. Please allow 10 to 12 business days to receive your credentials.
- Login to ADP TimeSaver and fill in your timesheet every day that you work
- You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week
- Your paycheck will be issued biweekly and you must pick it up from your supervisor