Two National Academy of Engineering Members
Fifteen IEEE Fellows
NSF Career Awards
More than 20 National and International Awards
Editorship for Journals
Google Citations for Department Faculty
More than 100 Patents from Faculty Within the Department
More than 40 Books / Book Chapters Published by Faculty Members
- David Goodman
- Dante Youla
- Henry Bertoni
- Joseph Bongiorno
- Robert R. Boorstyn
- David C. Chang
- Jonathan Chao
- Elza Erkip
- David Goodman
- Zhong-Ping Jiang
- Spencer Kuo
- Shivendra Panwar
- Theodore S. Rappaport
- Philip Sarachik
- Leonard Shaw
- Theo Tamir
- Yao Wang
- Dante Youla
- Hai(Helen) Li, 2012
- Yong Liu, 2010
- Elza Erkip, 2001
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, 2001
- Ivan Selesnick, 1999
- Ramesh Karri, 1997
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, coauthor, Shimemura Young Author Prize of the 2013 Asian Control Conference
- Yang Xu, Chenguang Yu, Jingjiang Li, and Yong Liu, Best Paper Award of ACM/USENIX Internet Measurement Conference (IMC) 2012
- Elza Erkip, Information Theory Society Board of Governors, 2012
- Z. Liu, Y. Shen, K. W. Ross, S. Panwar, and Y. Wang, Best Paper
Award of Multimedia Communications (awarded by the IEEE Communications
- Kang Xi, H. Jonathan Chao and Chaoyi Guo, Best Paper Award in IEEE
International Conference on Computer Communication Networks (ICCCN), 2010
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, coauthor, Guan Zhao Zhi Best Paper Award of Chinese Control Conference, 2011
- Elza Erkip, Finalist in The New York Academy of Science's Blavatnik Awards for Young Scientists, 2010
- Hai (Helen) Li, Best Paper Award in ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (ISLPED), 2010
- Jeyavijayan Rajendran, Harika Manem, Ramesh Karri and Garrett S Rose, Best Student Paper Award of IEEE International Symposium on VLSI Design, 2010.
- Yong Liu, Best Paper Award of of IEEE Conference on Computer and Communications (INFOCOM) 2009
- Hai (Helen) Li, Best Paper Award in IEEE International Symposium on Quality Electronic Design (ISQED), 2008
- Yong Liu, Best Paper in Multimedia Communications of the IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) in 2008
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, Best Theoretical Paper Award of the 2008 World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation
- Frank Cassara, the 2007 IEEE Athanasios Papoulis Education Award
- Elza Erkip, Co-author, Student Paper Award, IEEE International Symposium of Information Theory (ISIT) 2007
- Elza Erkip, Best Paper of the Communication Theory Symposium of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) 2007
- Spencer Kuo, 2005 Asian-American Engineer of the Year
- Peter Voltz, the 2004 IEEE Athanasios Papoulis Education Award
- Shivendra S. Panwar and Prof. Yao Wang, 2004 IEEE Communication Society's Leonard G. Abraham Prize Paper in the field of Communications Systems
- Elza Erkip, 2004 IEEE Communications Society Stephen O. Rice Paper Prize in the Field of Communications Theory
- David Goodman, 2003 Avant Garde award from the Vehicular Technology Society of the IEEE
- Jonathan Chao, elected to be Speaker of the Year by IEEE New Jersey Coast Section, 2003
- Ramesh Karri and Ivan Selesnick, Alexander Humboldt Fellowship, 2002
- Jonathan Chao, 2001 Best Paper Award from the IEEE’s Circuits and Systems Society
- Yao Wang, New York City Mayor's Award for Excellence in Science and Technology, Young Investigator Category, Year 1999-2000
- I-Tai Lu, NSF Engineering Initiation Award
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, ARC Queen Elizabeth II Research Fellowship, 1998
- David Goodman, 1997 ACM/SIGMOBILE Award for Outstanding Contributions to Research on Mobility of Systems Users, Data, and Computing
- Nirod Das, 1993 RWP King Paper Award from IEEE AP Society
- Henry Bertoni, 1993 Neal Shepherd Best Propagation Paper Award of the IEEE VT Society
|Francisco De Leon||Associate Editor for IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery|
|Elza Erkip||Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Information Theory|
|Zhong-Ping Jiang||Subject Editor for International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control
Associate Editor for Systems and Control Letters
Associate Editor for European Journal of Controls
Associate Editor for Journal of Control Theory and Applications
Associate Editor for International Journal of Intelligent Computing and Cybernetics(IJICC)
Associate Editor for Recent Patents on Electrical Engineering, Bentham Science Publishers
|Ramesh Karri||Associate editor of IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security
Associate editor of ACM Transactions on Emerging Computing Technologies
|Ivan Selesnick||Associate editor of IEEE Transactions of Signal Processing|
Associate Editor for IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking
Associate Editor for Elsevier Computer Networks Journal
Over 10000 Citations
- Athanasios Papoulis, S. Unnikrishna Pillai, "Probability, Random Variables and Stochastic Process." New York: McGraw-Hill Inc., Fourth Edition, 2001
Over 1000 Citations
- Andrew Sendonaris, Elza Erkip and Behnaam Aazhang, "User cooperation diversity-Part I: System description. "IEEE Transactions on Communications, November 2003.
- Andrew Sendonaris, Elza Erkip and Behnaam Aazhang, "User cooperation diversity-Part II: Implementation aspects and performance analysis." IEEE Transactions on Communications, November 2003.
- Yao Wang and Qin-Fan Zhu, "Error control and concealment for video communication: A review." Proceedings of the IEEE, 1998.
Over 500 Citations
- Xiaojun Hei, Chao Liang, Jian Liang, Yong Liu and Keith Ross, "A Measurement Study of a Large-Scale P2P IPTV System." IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 2007.
- Krishna K. Mukkavilli, Ashutosh Sabharwal, Elza Erkip and Behnaam Aazhang, "On beamforming with finite rate feedback in multiple antenna systems." IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, October 2003.
- Zhong-Ping Jiang, Andrew R. Teel and Laurent Praly, "Small-gain theorem for ISS systems and applications." Mathematics of Control, Signals, and Systems (MCSS), 1994.
Over 200 Citations
- Ivan W. Selesnick, Richard G. Baraniuk and Nick G. Kingsbury, "The Dual-Tree Complex Wavelet Transform," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 2005.
- Yao Wang, Amy R. Reibman and Shunan Lin, " Multiple description coding for video delivery." Proceedings of the IEEE, 2005
- Andrej Stefanov and Elza Erkip, "Cooperative coding for wireless networks." IEEE Transactions on Communications, September 2004.
- Levent Sendur and Ivan W. Selesnick, "Bivariate shrinkage functions for wavelet-based denoising exploiting interscale dependency." IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 2002.
- Ivan W. Selesnick, "The design of approximate Hilbert transform pairs of wavelet bases." IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 2002
- Levent Sendur and Ivan W. Selesnick, "Bivariate shrinkage with local variance estimation." IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 2002
- Yao Wang, Michael T. Orchard, Vinay Vaishampayan and Amy R. Reibman, " Multiple description coding using pairwise correlating transforms." IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2001.
- Yang-Seok Choi, Peter J. Voltz and Frank A. Cassara, "On Channel Estimation and Detection for Multicarrier Signals in Fast and Selective Rayleigh Fading Channels," IEEE Transactions on Communications, August 2001
- Zhong-Ping Jiang and Yuan Wang, "Input-to-state stability for discrete-time nonlinear systems." Automatica, 2001.
- Yao Wang, Stephan Wenger, Jiangtao Wen and Aggelos K. Katsaggelos, "Error resilient video coding techniques." IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 2000
- Yao Wang, Zhu Liu and Jin-Cheng Huang, " Multimedia content analysis-using both audio and visual clues." IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 2000
- Henry L. Bertoni, "Radio Propagation for Modern Wireless Applications." Prentice Hall, PTR, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2000.
- Anthony Vetro, Hui-Fang Sun and Yao Wang, "MPEG- 4 rate control for multiple video objects." IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, 1999
- Mario Joa-Ng and I-Tai Lu, "A peer-to-peer zone-based two-level link state routing for mobile ad hoc networks." IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication, 1999
- Zhong-Ping Jiang and Henk Nijmeijer, "A recursive technique for nonholonomic systems in chained form." IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 1999.
- Zhong-Ping Jiang and Laurent Praly, "Design of robust adaptive controllers for nonlinear systems with dynamic uncertainties." Automatica, 1998.
- Andrew Sendonaris, Elza Erkip and Behnaam Aazhang. “Increasing uplink capacity via user cooperation diversity. “ In Proceedings of 1998 IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory, August 1998.
- Zhu Liu, Yao Wang and Tsuhan Chen, "Audio feature extraction and analysis for scene segmentation and classification.” The Journal of VLSI Signal Processing, 1998
- Zhong-Ping Jiang and Henk Nijmeijer, “Tracking control of mobile robots: a case study in backstepping.” Automatica, 1997.
- Yao Wang, Qin-Fan Zhu and Leonard Shaw, “ Maximally smooth image recovery in transform coding.” IEEE Transactions on Communications, 1993.
- S. Unnikrishna Pillai, "Forward/backward spatial smoothing techniques for coherent signal identification." IEEE Transactions on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, 1989.
- S. Unnikrishna Pillai, "Array Signal Processing." New York: Springer ¨C Verlag, 1989.
- Joram Walfisch and Henry L. Bertoni, “A Theoretical Model of UHF Propagation in Urban Environments” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, 1988.
- S. T. Peng, Theodor Tamir and Henry L. Bertoni, “Theory of Periodic Dielectric Waveguides.” IEEE Transactions Microwave Theory and Technique, 1975.